• Advertisement
Help a good cause...like donating to AerioStyle.com!

JERMY gets some upgrades!

Share your favorite Aerio pictures here. Good at "PhotoShopping"? Post your digitally remastered images here.

JERMY gets some upgrades!

Postby Jeremy » Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:31 pm

Well, it's official, my car has a name. JERMY - pronounced "Germ-Me". Not very original, but the wife and I thought it would fit.

We live where there are a lot of bugs and the bugs on the front of JERMY was anoying me, so I got the bra for my car. As a bonus, it also helps keep the headlights from dropping. ;) I got the one from the dealer as I think that would fit the best, it's nice, we love it!

I also picked up a License plate cover and trim from Advanced Auto which I think really makes the license plate blend in!

Larger Version (1,157 KB)

Larger Version (915 KB)

I also picked up the OEM protector for the back bumper, I really like this one! It's spiffy! Gee and what's that, another license plate trim plate! If you look at the front and back of the car though, you'll notice I had to move my month/year stickers on my plate from the bottom to the top on the back plate (I doubt the cops will ever notice considering the normal VA plates have the stickers at the top.)

Larger Version (685 KB)

Larger Version (695 KB)

Anways, if you've missed my car computer install the next few things won't make much sense.

Here is the USB Slot Load DVD+R/-R Drive I put in under the dash, I love it here, it's clean and simple. I did have to paint the USB case black.

Larger Version (1,048 KB)

Now this is probably the best thing I've ever done to a car! It's a Griffen PowerMate which is basically just a nice big volume knob off a stereo only this one is USB. Turn for volume, push to mute/unmute. It's right where I can reach it with my right hand. So simple! I love it! The only bad this is the darn things costs $50!!!

Larger Version (1,059 KB)

Larger Version (1,108 KB)
Last edited by Jeremy on Thu Nov 17, 2005 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeremy
Valued Former Administrator

Advertisement

Help a good cause...like donating to AerioStyle.com!

Postby DavidIQ » Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:49 pm

Dude! You don't stop amazing me with your stuff on there :shock:

I like the knob idea. Real nifty and handy 8)
So you got rid of your ash-tray and now it's a DVD drive?
DavidIQ
Head Honcho
Head Honcho

Postby Jeremy » Fri Jun 24, 2005 6:56 pm

DavidIQ wrote:Dude! You don't stop amazing me with your stuff on there :shock:

I like the knob idea. Real nifty and handy 8)
So you got rid of your ash-tray and now it's a DVD drive?

No, the ash-tray is still there. Gotta have some place for change (actually I was thinking of mounting a volt meter inside the ash tray so I can keep an eye on the battery in the trunk. I might put power and reset switches for the computer in there too.)

Someone on the mp3car.com forums also suggested putting a Steering wheel remote in their car, I'm thinking of doing this to control my computer with...
Jeremy
Valued Former Administrator

Postby DavidIQ » Fri Jun 24, 2005 7:08 pm

Oh duh...had to stare at it for a while there to notice where it really is and that your ashtray is still there :oops:
DavidIQ
Head Honcho
Head Honcho

Postby Danno » Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:05 am

great job, good idea with the bra, I hate saggy headlights... anyway, just had to drop in to make fun of you a little, all that carputer knowledge, and programming, etc but you cant even rotate a picture 90 degrees!!!lol, just messing with ya!!!

2003 SX AWD
Straights are for fast cars ... Turns are for fast drivers... --Colin McRae
If you're in control, you're not driving fast enough. -- Parnelli Jones
Danno
Local Shrink
Local Shrink

Postby sMaLLs » Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:27 pm

Jeremy wrote:Someone on the mp3car.com forums also suggested putting a Steering wheel remote in their car, I'm thinking of doing this to control my computer with...

I've been thinking of this for quite some time... not sure exactly how I want to do it thou... I should go over all my car-computer plans with you someday, perhaps there are ideas you may want, and I may end up borrowing a few from you...

All in all, your car is lookin quite good, keep it up!

sMaLLs
2003 yellow Aerio SX with 160k miles
sMaLLs
Aerio Casual
Aerio Casual

Return to Vehicular Imagery