• Advertisement
Help a good cause...like donating to AerioStyle.com!

my 07

Share your favorite Aerio pictures here. Good at "PhotoShopping"? Post your digitally remastered images here.

my 07

Postby Alex_93 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:36 am

really looking forward to hearing what you guys think of her so far
Alex_93
Aerio Casual
Aerio Casual

Advertisement

David IQ Computer Repair

Re: my 07

Postby Woodie » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:03 am

That's nice

I'd lose the stickers, but that's just me.
I will not run anyone's life - nor let anyone run mine. I will not rule nor be ruled. I will not be a master nor a slave. I will not sacrifice myself to anyone - nor sacrifice anyone to myself." - Ayn Rand
Woodie
AerioStyle Addict!!!
AerioStyle Addict!!!

Postby Alex_93 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:58 pm

thank you and I do like my aeriostyle and no fat chicks stickers lol
Alex_93
Aerio Casual
Aerio Casual

Postby thaartist » Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:51 pm

Very nice! A few questions for you please.

I'd like to see a better daytime picture of the side and side front view with that bumper on it. I'm about to paint my Aerio and I was planning on keeping the factory bumper ('06)but would like to see the sedan with that bumper to make a decision.

Did you do something to remove the yellow on the sidemarkers or did you just use translucent paint the inside or outside of it? Did you leave any clear for a yellow marker bulb?

Did you build that intake from the spectra tutorial on this website yours looks a bit different then I remember the spectra one looking.

I think the stickers are dope too. Looks great.

Thanks!
2006 Suzuki Aerio Sedan
thaartist
Aerio Veteran
Aerio Veteran

Postby Alex_93 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:23 pm

Thanks man! And if you have a facebook go head add me Alexander rood i have a ton of pics of the car on there or email me at alex93rood@gmail.com and i can send you some and yea i used that light tint paint use just a little and the orange color will still show throughi painted the new bumper with plastic dip i might do the whole car and i used devilsworld how to for the CAI
Alex_93
Aerio Casual
Aerio Casual

Postby thaartist » Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:58 pm

Gotcha... just emailed you and I'll look into that tutorial again, thanks!

What size rims and tires do you have? I used to have those Motegi Rims on my Aerio in 17" but the setup required a hub spacer.
2006 Suzuki Aerio Sedan
thaartist
Aerio Veteran
Aerio Veteran

Postby Alex_93 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:17 pm

I am using 15 and 7 wide and tire size is 195/55-15
Alex_93
Aerio Casual
Aerio Casual

Postby Woodie » Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:14 am

Wait, you spent all of that money on Motegi wheels in order to put on the exact same not big enough for the car tires?
I will not run anyone's life - nor let anyone run mine. I will not rule nor be ruled. I will not be a master nor a slave. I will not sacrifice myself to anyone - nor sacrifice anyone to myself." - Ayn Rand
Woodie
AerioStyle Addict!!!
AerioStyle Addict!!!

Postby thaartist » Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:07 pm

Woodie wrote:Wait, you spent all of that money on Motegi wheels in order to put on the exact same not big enough for the car tires?

What are you talking about? His wheels and tires are factory size are you saying?
2006 Suzuki Aerio Sedan
thaartist
Aerio Veteran
Aerio Veteran

Postby Spartan117 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:39 pm

woodie is just wondering why he didnt run 205 at the least. I have same rims and 205/50 on mine
2003 Suzuki Aerio SX - Turbo 13 Psi - LOTS of mods - 13.9 @ 105 on crappy tires!!! :D
2002 BMW Mini Cooper S - Supercharged - Boost gauge - 15% pulley - catback exhaust 15 flat @ 94mph
Owner of http://www.suzukituning.info/ - site construction is on hold until the Aerio is back up and running.
Spartan117
Super
Super

Postby Alex_93 » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:58 pm

Well when i ordered them from tire rack thats what they put on them i do plan on going to 205
Alex_93
Aerio Casual
Aerio Casual

Postby Devilsword » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:32 pm

Woodie wrote:Wait, you spent all of that money on Motegi wheels in order to put on the exact same not big enough for the car tires?

not true it all depends on the tire. the Geolanders in 195/55-15 were just poor tires where as the 17inch ones with the smaller sidewalls on my mother xl7 were fine. that being said it really depends on the tire itself to see if it works with the width of the rim. a great example were the kumhos i use to race the ecsta xs 205/50/15 on a 6.5inch rim. even though the measured rim width is 6.5 when removing air for track days the lack of rim width made the sidewalls too soft. the tire was optimized for rims at 7 inches so with 6.5 or less you had a uneven contact patch. so smaller or stock tires do make since with the right brand. whats the use of having all that rubber and weight when you can't use it.
There is nothing honorable in street racing, hit the track and drop some panties http://www.youtube.com/user/devil5word Autocross panty dropping vids http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2349923/1 Old Cardomain
ImageImage
Devilsword
Super
Super

Postby thaartist » Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:53 am

The tire/wheel issue seems so complicated to me. I read the whole wheel tutorial write up and still don't know what wheel and tire to get. I think I will go with tirerack as well when I order because I can filter the prices and see what they will look like on the car but I don't want to go with the recommended tire size they say if I could get better performance for daily driving. By daily driving I mean... I don't drive like a grandma but I don't race like Devil either.

What I don't like about the stock tire setup I have now is that they look super skinny. I have the black 14" steel rims with hubcaps and whatever the recommended size is from the last tire change at a tire place.

I want to go with a 16" rim, and I understand the offset and other values change everything? Plus if possible I don't want a hub spacer. When I bought the car from a dealer it had 17" Motegi rims on it with hub spacers. Is that normal for all Motegi rims for our car?!

However when I go with open rims I want to dress up the car behind it and gain some better breaking power... I want to go with the Drilled and Slotted rotors just for looks even if just slotted is better??? and possibly new calipers and for sure the best break pads, mainly just for looks. I think I seen Enkei green painted callipers for our car? Any suggestions? Do those give a performance boost? I would think so? If thats not worth it then I'll just use some heat rated paint and paint the drums and callipers.

Is it possible to powder coat the drums and callipers because I know a guy who does that professionally that will trade me work for work, that'd be cool.

Plus I'm painting the car soon so I could get the same color. I just got the 02-04 OEM spoiler off ebay because I liked it the best. Going to install that and paint away. I was reading on here hood scoops don't make much sense for us unless maybe for cooler air on a turbo'd engine but I really think it would dress up the front of the car, any suggestions there?

As for the spoiler, I checked the trunk and yep, is has the wire harness waiting for the spoiler hook up. Nice!
2006 Suzuki Aerio Sedan
thaartist
Aerio Veteran
Aerio Veteran

Postby Devilsword » Sat Apr 20, 2013 2:44 am

thaartist wrote:The tire/wheel issue seems so complicated to me. I read the whole wheel tutorial write up and still don't know what wheel and tire to get. I think I will go with tirerack as well when I order because I can filter the prices and see what they will look like on the car but I don't want to go with the recommended tire size they say if I could get better performance for daily driving. By daily driving I mean... I don't drive like a grandma but I don't race like Devil either.
What I don't like about the stock tire setup I have now is that they look super skinny. I have the black 14" steel rims with hubcaps and whatever the recommended size is from the last tire change at a tire place.

get a 16 x 7-7.5 35 to 40 offset rim it will be wide and you can get something like a 205/40 for 8.3inch of tire width on a 7.5 inch rim or if you want bigger sidewalls get a 205/45 for 8.1inches of width on a 7inch rim. the tire i recomend is the ast looks cool lasts and well manners
http://www.kumhousa.com/tire/category/c ... B6B4B089E7

I want to go with a 16" rim, and I understand the offset and other values change everything? Plus if possible I don't want a hub spacer. When I bought the car from a dealer it had 17" Motegi rims on it with hub spacers. Is that normal for all Motegi rims for our car?!

no, nore were they factory. proper spacing and tire selection is key and sometimes i little lip rolling.

However when I go with open rims I want to dress up the car behind it and gain some better breaking power... I want to go with the Drilled and Slotted rotors just for looks even if just slotted is better??? and possibly new calipers and for sure the best break pads, mainly just for looks. I think I seen Enkei green painted callipers for our car? Any suggestions? Do those give a performance boost? I would think so? If thats not worth it then I'll just use some heat rated paint and paint the drums and callipers.

Is it possible to powder coat the drums and callipers because I know a guy who does that professionally that will trade me work for work, that'd be cool.

dont get drilled they crack. best pad for our car at the moment is EBC green stuff low dust, takes heat well and can out brake most aerio drivers. only non factory calipers for our cars are from KSPORT and Willwood. both overkill for 99 percent of aerio owners. just paint them with high heat paint or powder coating DONT PAINT THE DRUMS ANY COLOR THEN BLACK. bright painted drums our horrible

Plus I'm painting the car soon so I could get the same color. I just got the 02-04 OEM spoiler off ebay because I liked it the best. Going to install that and paint away. I was reading on here hood scoops don't make much sense for us unless maybe for cooler air on a turbo'd engine but I really think it would dress up the front of the car, any suggestions there?

As for the spoiler, I checked the trunk and yep, is has the wire harness waiting for the spoiler hook up. Nice!

look into something that will remove heat, like vents. scoops just cause drag and one day you will be on the interstate racing a honda kid pull out from drafting a tractor trailer and the wind drag change will rip it right off your hood...into the honda and you will laugh but it will suck when its all destroyed. Not like i am speaking from experience or anything ....... Image :oops:
There is nothing honorable in street racing, hit the track and drop some panties http://www.youtube.com/user/devil5word Autocross panty dropping vids http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2349923/1 Old Cardomain
ImageImage
Devilsword
Super
Super

Postby Alex_93 » Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:07 am

I painted mine red and like them but yes black would of been nice
Alex_93
Aerio Casual
Aerio Casual

Next

Return to Vehicular Imagery